Thursday, March 17, 2011

What If?

I have known for a long time that I wanted to be a equine vet. However, now that I am headed off to college to study Animal Science, I don't have peace in my heart. Ya know that feeling you get when something is right? I don't have that YET!!! And it is frustrating me. I keep worrying. Silly me. I have been in constant prayer, seeking God's heart and his will for my life. How is it that I know his will for part of my life, just not this part?

Proverbs 3:6 says "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Well my path is straight! or at least I thought it was. I have an idea of what I want to do! But there is no peace. Ughhhh. Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I remember one Sunday, my friends Kenny and Derek finally got why His burden was light - because there was no burden of sin on Him. Haha

I get that I have to trust God with my life and lean not on my own understanding, but I need some sort of "confirmation" that this is my path! Maybe I am in a slump and I need to get up out of the dirt, brush myself off, and march onward. I hate pity parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment